Top 20 Things to Do in Sisters, Oregon
As your home base for Central Oregon adventure, the city of Sisters is chock-full of exciting things to see, do, and experience. Whether you prefer to rest and recharge or to ramp up your outdoor recreation, there are plenty of ways to tailor your trip with amazing activities and attractions.
While you can find fun around every corner, there are a few local highlights that should be high on any Sisters to-do list. Here are the top 20 things to do in Sisters for the perfect Central Oregon experience.
- Navigate the ancient lava flows and vibrant volcanic cliffs at the Newberry National Volcanic Monument.
- Climb to the top of a towering cliff at Smith Rock State Park.
- Fish the fantastic Metolius or Deschutes rivers to cast a line for trophy-sized trout.
- Take a scenic drive down the McKenzie-Santiam Byway to explore 84 miles of wonderful Oregon wilderness.
- Hike or bike down one (or all) of the many stunning trails that run through Sisters Country.
- Race down the Deschutes River on a daring whitewater raft adventure.
- Shred the slopes on skis or snowboard at HooDoo Ski Area or Mt. Bachelor Resort.
- Enjoy winter fun for all ages at the Autobahn Tubing Park.
- Experience an exciting excursion with a guided tour of the best local areas and activities.
- Attend one of the area’s unique annual events to soak in the Sisters culture.
- Shop the charming downtown district to browse your way through boutique shops, specialty stores, art galleries, and more.
- Book a soothing soak at Hop In The Spa, the world’s first and only craft beer spa.
- Elevate your golf game on the world-class championship courses at Black Butte Ranch or Aspen Lakes.
- Search for one of Sisters’ hidden hot springs to enjoy a natural wellness experience.
- Scale to the summit of South Sister mountain for stunning views that stretch across half the state.
- Take a guided horseback tour through the wild Three Sisters Wilderness at Black Butte Ranch.
- Treat your tastebuds at one of the city’s delicious local restaurants.
- Visit the High Desert Museum for some hands-on education in a fun family environment.
- Watch for wildlife and beautiful birds in the diverse lands of the Deschutes National Forest.
- Relax in comfort and convenience in your Sisters Vacation Rental home, cabin, or condo.
It all starts with Sisters Vacation Rentals!
Before you start checking items off your itinerary, be sure to secure your stay with Sisters Vacation Rentals. From convenient homes inside the city to private rentals in the peaceful Oregon wilderness, our wide array of area rentals will keep you close to the action while surrounding you in comfort and convenience. Book your stay today!