Plan a Mountain Getaway for Spring Break
A trip to the mountains may not be at the top of your spring break to-do list, but it definitely should be. While others are crowding to bask on the beach, you can be making priceless memories in Sisters, a charming mountain town in central Oregon. Low on crowds and full of exciting outdoor adventure, you’ll be in for a peaceful escape as you explore breathtaking landscapes, hike secluded trails, visit our top attractions and take in some boutique shopping.
It’s one of the most popular times to travel, so it’s best to book early. Start your spring break planning with our helpful guide to a spring break, Sisters-style.
Reserve a Great Rental
The first step for any vacation is picking a place to stay. In Sisters, Sisters Vacation Rentals is your local source for amazing vacation properties across the area. We have plenty of options to meet your spring break style, from rentals in the heart of downtown Sisters to secluded mountain cabins where peace and privacy reign. A home in Pine Meadow Village offers a great location and unique amenities, while the riverside cabins at Camp Sherman are loaded with charm. No matter what you choose, you’ll be close to all of the area’s best activities and attractions in a rental built for luxurious comfort.
Search Spring Activities
Once your rental is reserved, it’s time to focus on the fun! Some of our best attractions shine during the spring season, as new growth and warmer weather spread across Sisters country. And with fewer crowds competing for space, you can enjoy them to your heart’s content! Add some (or all!) of these fun suggestions to your spring break itinerary:
- Whether you want to take a leisurely stroll along one of our scenic trails or tackle a more challenging hike, you won’t struggle to find the right route. Popular options include Green Ridge Trail, Metolius River Trail, Black Butte Trail, and Box Canyon Trail.
- Guided Tours. If you want a truly unique experience while visiting Sisters, consider taking part in one of the guided expeditions offered by Wanderlust Tours. They offer both day trips and multi-day adventures that will take you deep into nature where you can explore caves, waterfalls, hot springs, alpine lakes and more.
- HooDoo Ski Resort is right near Sisters, and snow still covers its world-famous slopes. Take the whole family to enjoy a day (or several) skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and more.
- Explore Sisters. Sisters is a small but vibrant town full of culture and charm. With its historic Main Street lined with restaurants, galleries, and boutique shops, it’s easy to spend an entire day wandering around the area.
- Spring Events. From the High Desert Stampede to Hoodoo’s Spring Fling, there are tons of spring events you won’t want to miss. Check out what’s happening during your visit and join in on the fun!
Pack Your Bags
Spring days can range from warm to wintery, so you’ll want to dress in layers. Clothes that repel moisture are a good choice for spring, especially if you plan to spend time outdoors. You’ll also want a sturdy pair of hiking boots and good-quality socks (or plan to snag a new pair from one of our helpful local outfitters). And don’t forget your camera!